A chance to shine
THE RISING TIDE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME
The Scholarship Programme supports enthusiastic, creative and hardworking secondary school students, providing them with supports they might not otherwise be able to get access to, such as:
- interview preparation training
- study skills seminars
- extra academic support
- workshops with successful entrepreneurs
- access to laptops and iPads to facilitate job applications
- apprenticeship and university applications
- access to leadership and language camps
- individual programmes tailored to talents
- life coaching and career advice
- book rental support
The aim of the programme is to encourage each child to fulfil their full potential, whatever that might be. The end goal is not always accessing university – although the programme has already successfully helped many students who would not otherwise have been in a position to achieve this. In some cases, the goal is to enable a child to progress to apprenticeship or employment.
Although the scheme has been in existence since 2015, there have already been impressive results, with the Programme literally changing the direction of many children’s lives.
The Rising Tide programme was recognised with a Junior Chamber Award in 2018 and the school was awarded a ‘School of Future Vision Award’ from Google and Trinity College in 2017.